Fluff and Toenails: Mainstream Media, Indie Opinion

Above all of the fluff and the toenails floats a melody, some rhythms, flickering pictures, a sensation to be had. Capture it in your computer, buy it on your high street or cram it in your senses from hijacked radio waves. Our subject is everywhere so let us pick at it like a favourite scab.

Monday will find me blogging on TV, Thursday on Film and the Weekends on Music.

Monday 8 November 2010

Halloween Movie Reviews in Haiku

Here is my belated film post from last week. The long and the short of it is that there was nowt on at the cinema and I had somewhat overindulged in the spirit of Halloween, staying up far too late eating too many Wham! bars and watching far too many horror films in the days before and after the day of the pumpkin. The result of which was that I really didn’t know where to start so I present to you my ‘Halloween Movie Reviews in Haiku.’



The Human Centipede (2010)
What hasn’t been said?
An ugly concept it’s true!
Woman eats man’s poo.

Let the Right One In (2009)
Swedish child vampire
Makes just the one friend and kills
All others with lines.

Don’t Scream (2009)
The makers of Saw
Strike again bereft of class,
Humour or a script

The Haunting (1963)
Classic Horror chills.
Fear is best served cold, alone
and timeless in style

Alien (1979)
Quite a wait until
That scene that we have seen
Giger terrifies

Coraline (2008)
Don’t show this to kids!
Don’t show it to me again!
Nightmares await you.

I am quite far behind with this at the moment so… Tomorrow should be a double post with a review of my selection of the week’s TV and Swedish House Mafia’s album.

No comments:

Post a Comment