Fluff and Toenails: Mainstream Media, Indie Opinion

Above all of the fluff and the toenails floats a melody, some rhythms, flickering pictures, a sensation to be had. Capture it in your computer, buy it on your high street or cram it in your senses from hijacked radio waves. Our subject is everywhere so let us pick at it like a favourite scab.

Monday will find me blogging on TV, Thursday on Film and the Weekends on Music.

Friday 12 November 2010

No Film Blog This Week... Shock Horror, This is Why.

Those of eagle eye and time of plenty will have noticed the lack of a film post for this week. For those of you holding your breath for such a post (you really shouldn't, things have rarely run to schedule so far.) I have the following news. There will be no post. As support for this decision I list the films being offered by my local multiplex this week...

Jackass 3D: Struck me as being the re-airing of a very old joke. Like Del-Boy falling through the bar for the 1000th time. Millions would tell you that it is timeless and will always be funny. Millions are morons.

Due Date: "From the makers of the Hang Over" Based on the trailer for the hang over alone. I don't think I will be going to see this.

Saw 3D: I went to see saw one. I went to see saw two and three I even saw saw four but I really can't remember and had most certainly lost interest in it by then.

Burke And Haire: The trailer has a fart gag in it...

Despicable Me: I'm an adult and don't like kids, especially those in Cinemas. Though they are often better behaved than textathon teenagers, but only if the film is any good and of this I was doubtful.

That Film About Owls: You know the one with the unreasonably long title containing words which its target audience can't read or pronounce. You know that one. Yes the one with the owls. And the long title. Yes that one. No, I didn't fancy it either.

Paranormal Activity Two: BOO! did you jump? Did you?... ... ... ... ... BOO! How about now... ... ... ... BOO! (Ok if I am honest I jump like a flea, which seems to be the point of this film. I love to be scared by films not BOO! (I think you'll get what I mean.)

The Social Network: Seen it, see earlier review.

Let Me In: I watched the original last week and judging by the trailers it is a scene by scene remake for an illiterate audience. As a reader (Jennifer Yellow Hat no problem mate) I will not be wasting money on this.

So there... I think you will agree the ten quid is best kept in my pocket. So don't go to the Cinema this week read a book instead. This one's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment